Actions Only: Steel Prices Rise, COVID-19 Disaster Declaration Extended |
Lycoming County Commissioners have approved new staff, COVID relief funds and an extension of the COVID-19 disaster declaration. Additionally, as steel prices continue to rise, the county landfill is amending its contract for more steel baling wire to not exceed $ 120 / carton.
Find the full list of actions to be taken here:
CASH REQUIREMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Approve the following report (s) of cash flow requirements:
Approve Accounts Payable Report on cash requirements in the amount of 1,955,190.40. SKIP 3-0
- This includes area projects such as the Muncy Township Building, the Gold Star Families Memorial and the Dr WB Konkle Memorial Library Renovation Project. The funds are taken from the Law 13 gas impact fund. A portion of the funds also includes transfer funds from the federal government for rent assistance programs.
ACTIONS ON THE SALARY SCHEDULE
Approve the update of the following salary scale (s): PASS 4-0
- Information services
- Rename the following positions:
- One (1) Programmer I position to a Software Specialist, pay level 7/8
- One (1) Programmer II position at a software analyst pay level 9/10
- Maintenance – Creation of the post of deputy director grades 11/12
- RMS- Business Office- Removed Purchasing Agent / RMS paygrade 7/8.
Approve the following personal action (s): PASS 3-0
- Community Planning and Development – Mark L. Haas, Full Time Replacement / Promotion, Development Services Supervisor, Pay Level 9, $ 42,986.70 / salary. Effective: 07/11/21.
- Courts – Janine M. Mastracco, full-time substitute, clerk III, pay level 4, $ 14.09 / hour. Effective: 07/06/21.
- Housekeepers – Dawn Coleman, Full Time Latch, Clerk III, Pay Level 4, $ 14.09 / hour. Effective: 07/06/21.
- Pre-Launch – Conner A. Morse, Full Time Replacement, Resident Supervisor, Pay Level 5, $ 15.37 / hour. Effective: 07/12/21.
- Sheriff – Adam J. Ross, part-time replacement, Deputy Sheriff, PDS Salary, $ 21,338194 / hour, not to exceed 1,000 hours per year. Effective: 06/27/21.
ELEMENTS OF ACTION
Vote on the update of policy number 101 – Reaffirmation of policies on equal opportunities in employment. SKIP 3-0
Vote to extend coronavirus disaster declaration PASS 3-0
This will extend the disaster declaration until September and allow the county to continue to receive federal funds related to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Director of Public Safety Jeffrey Hutchins.
“It doesn’t hurt us,” said Hutchins. “This should be our last.”
Vote on agreement with John Galaznik, MD Budget item 2021. SKIP 3-0
- Consultation on cases specifically related to physical violence against infants or children.
Vote to purchase mental health first aid training manuals for the Lycoming-Clinton Joinder Board for $ 9,030. CRBG Commodity Fund.
- This will be used to purchase new training manuals.
Vote on the amendment to the rental agreement with ARD Operating, LLC. SKIP 3-0
- From May 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022. The rent will remain the same at $ 10 / square foot.
8.6 Mya Toon – Vote on the grant application and allocation of the American Rescue Plan Act COVID-19 local tax recovery funds in the amount of $ 22,000,000. SKIP 3-0
These are COVID-19 relief funds as part of the federal COVID stimulus plan. The county will receive $ 11 million in 2021 and $ 11 million in 2022.
“It is essential that we spend this money wisely and do so efficiently and in partnership with municipalities across the county,” said Commissioner Scott Metzger.
All funds must be spent by December 1, 2024.
The commissioners encouraged the public to …
Read the whole story on On the PULSE