Star Health’s Platinum Line of Cancer and Cardiac Care Policies to Provide Enhanced Coverage – Check Features
Star Health and Allied Insurance has launched two new variations of their products: the Star Cancer Care Platinum insurance policy and the Star Cardiac Care Platinum insurance policy. These products meet the needs of people diagnosed with cancer and heart disease.
These policies do not require any pre-medical testing. However, the insured must submit previous medical records of the treatment undergone at the time of purchase of the policy. Policies are renewable for life and premiums can be paid quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
Cancer Care Platinum: Health insurance for people diagnosed and survivors of cancer. Covers people aged 5 months to 65 years with an insured sum up to Rs 10 lakhs. Covers expenses incurred due to hospitalization for cancer and non-cancer related illnesses with applicable waiting periods. No waiting period for accidents, 30 days for non-cancer treatments, 12 months for palliative care, 30 months for treatments for cancer and pre-existing illnesses.
Lump-sum cancer coverage: 50 per cent of the sum insured for the optional benefit will be paid if the insured person suffers from a recurrence, metastasis and / or a second malignant tumor unrelated to the first cancer after a waiting period of 30 months.
Cardiac Care-Platinum: Health insurance for people diagnosed with heart disease. Cardiac Care – Platinum covers people aged 7 to 70 with an insured sum of up to Rs 15 lakhs. Covers expenses incurred due to hospitalization for cardiac and non-cardiac conditions after 30 days from the effective date of the policy. No waiting period for accidents, 24 months for named conditions and heart transplant and 48 months for other pre-existing conditions.
Dr S Prakash, MD, Star Health and Allied Insurance, says, “Star Health Insurance provides this insurance coverage to people diagnosed with heart disease and cancer. As a doctor, I mostly see people in India applying for health insurance coverage after a major diagnosis like cancer or heart disease. Often, they are not able to obtain coverage for existing heart disease and cancer. Striving to change that and also include these deserving people in insurance coverage, Star Health Insurance has introduced these products. These new policies aim to meet a real and important need of our fellow citizens. “
Main features of the Star Cancer Care Platinum insurance policy
· Sum insured available up to Rs. 10,00,000. Policyholders can opt for an insured sum of Rs 5.00,000, Rs. 7.5,000, or Rs. 10.00,000.
· Available for people aged 5 months to 65 years diagnosed with cancer.
· Covers the costs of hospitalization, day care, road ambulance, pre and post hospitalization.
· Lump sum cancer coverage – if the insured person suffers from a recurrence, metastasis and / or a second malignancy unrelated to the first cancer, the insurer will pay a lump sum. Note that this service is added to the sum of insured compensation.
· A 30-month waiting period is applicable for treatments linked to Cancer and for Capital cover.
· Palliative care – Palliative oncology care is care focused on the quality of life of patients (as well as their caregivers) who suffer from advanced cancers that limit life expectancy. Payable up to 20 percent of the sum insured at network providers on an indemnity basis, payable once in life. Available after a waiting period of 12 months from the creation of the policy.
· Additional Benefits – Palliative Care, E-Second Medical Advice, Wellness Services – Diet and Nutrition Program, Weight Management Program, Specialist Consultation – via Telehealth App.
Advantages of renewal:
– The insured will receive a cumulative bonus of 5 percent of the basic sum insured for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 50 percent of the basic sum insured.
– Health check – The insured can benefit from a health check after each year without loss.
– Premium: For a person of 36 years for Rs. 10,00,000 sum insured, the premium (excluding GST) is Rs. 23,605.
Key features of the Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy – Platinum
· The sum insured is available up to Rs 15,00,000. Customers can opt for an insured sum of Rs 5.00,000, Rs. 7.5,000, Rs. 10,000,000 or 15,000,000 rupees.
· Available for people aged 7 to 70 who have been diagnosed with heart problems.
· Waiting period for heart problems: 30 days.
· Covers the – Hospitalization, day care, road ambulance, pre and post hospitalization costs.
· Heart transplant costs are covered up to 200 percent of the sum insured after a waiting period of 24 months.
· Expenses related to cardiac devices are covered up to 50 percent of the sum insured.
· Additional benefits: E-Second medical advice, telehealth services, wellness services – nutrition and dietetic consultation, counseling (for stress management).
Automatic restoration of the base sum insured once 100 percent when the sum insured is exhausted and no claim bonus during the term of the policy
Renewal Premium Discount – Insured can get 10% renewal premium discount if they submit ECHO, Lipid Profile and HbA1c reports and are normal.
– Health check allowance at the end of each insurance year
– Cumulative bonus of 10 per cent of the basic sum insured for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 100 per cent of the basic sum insured.
– Premium: For a person aged 50 for Rs 10,00,000 sum Insured, the premium (excluding GST) is Rs 31,035.