This steel company has a better 1-year return than Tesla, Lucid, Apple, Microsoft, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE:CLF) is known as a global leader in flat-rolled steel production and over the past year has generated stunning returns for investors.
Since March 2021, the 1-year return of Cleveland-Cliffs stock has outperformed many of the world’s most popular EV, tech and crypto stocks: Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), Lucide Group Inc. (NASDAQ:LCID), bitcoin money (CRYPTO: BCH) and Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH).
Cleveland-Cliffs is a flat-rolled steel producer and iron ore pellet manufacturer in North America. It is vertically integrated from mined raw materials and reduced iron directly to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling and tubing.
Cleveland-Cliffs serves a wide range of markets with its comprehensive offering of flat-rolled steel products and the supply of steel to the automotive industry in North America. The company employs approximately 26,000 people in its mining, steel and downstream manufacturing operations in the United States and Canada.
Here’s how returns break down from March 2021 to present:
- Tesla drops from $618.71 to $1,010.64 for a 63.35% return
- Lucid drops from $23.02 to $25.16 for a 9.30% return
- Apple goes from $121.21 to $174.72 for a yield of 44.15%
- Microsoft goes from $236.48 to $303.68 for a return of 28.42%
- Bitcoin Cash is down from $506.33 to $362.34 for a return of -28.44%
- Ethereum rose from $1,706.06 to $3,126.70 for a return of 83.27%
And finally, Cleveland-Cliffs went from $16.57 to $33.00 for a 99.16% return
Also: US, UK announce trade deal to remove tariffs on UK steel and US whiskey: WSJ